Thursday, March 1, 2012

GOD IS FAITHFUL

We have a monthly fellowship for women at our church called "2nd Tuesday." The theme I have chosen for this year is "God is Faithful." Each month a different woman will share a testimony of God's faithfulness to them. Every Christian should be ever ready to share how God has been faithful to them.

I want to encourage other women in the Lord. I want the young ones to know that He is faithful. I want the old ones to know that He is faithful. I want young, struggling pastor's wives to know that He is faithful. I want women dealing with major life issues to know that our great God is faithful. The best way I know to get that across is for them to hear it from others who have proven it in their lives.

I have been a Christian for over 42 years. I can honestly say that the underlying theme of my life has been that God has been faithful to me. I have learned to walk by faith, not by sight. I know that feelings and externals are not to determine what I believe about God.

George Mueller said of himself on his 90th birthday: "After coming into full surrender of the heart, the love of money was gone, the love of place was gone, the love of position was gone, the love of worldly pleasures and engagements was gone. God, God alone became my portion. I found my all in Him; I wanted nothing else."

God alone can satisfy the needs of the human heart. May those in our realm of influence know that we serve a faithful God.

I would love to hear of God's faithfulness in your life. Feel free to share it with me anytime.

No comments: