Monday, March 19, 2012

SPEAK UP!

I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to speak to a group of teen girls this past weekend. As I prepared for the session, I found myself getting very excited. I wanted so much to get across to them that God cares about every aspect of their lives. The principles I shared with them are life-changing if they are open to what God has for them.

Titus two tells the older women to teach the younger ones. I was profoundly affected by other Christian women that taught and encouraged me at that time of my life. I continue to "observe" Christian women and watch their daughters to see what they are learning from their mothers and grandmothers. There is usually more caught than taught.

Christian women must speak up if we are to see the next generation serving the Lord. It's one thing for us to bring the young ones to church but quite another for them to know that He is real in our lives. Do they hear us talking about His faithfulness? Do they know that He has answered our prayers and has watched over us in the difficult times?

We have to teach them that this life on earth is not about being entertained and getting educated in the things of this world. We are here for a purpose and that is to BRING GLORY TO GOD. We cannot do it without speaking up.

"And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up." (Deut. 6:7)

Don't let the enemy steel your God-given influence on your daughters and granddaughters. Just speak up every opportunity you get.

1 comment:

Reinventing Mother said...

I have just found your blog and how blessed I was to read these words. I have 4 grown daughters and 3 grandchildren with another on the way. I want to much to retire so that I can help care for these children and be that constant godly influence in their lives. Your words helped me place what I have not been able to say!

Thank you!

Wanda