Friday, February 24, 2012

OUR HEROES

We are in the middle of our missions conference at our church. It is a yearly event that is born out of the heart of our pastor. It takes several people working together to present the needs of the nations to our church. Much prayer and preparation has gone into it.

Last night we had a presentation that involved short video clips of different missionaries sharing their work and some of the people in their ministries. What a blessing it was to see and hear the people we pray for and support.

Some of these people we have known for years. I couldn't help but notice the look of fatigue and the decline in some of them physically. I know a few of them are facing serious physical challenges at this time. These are some of our heroes!

I recently heard my nine year old granddaughter quote the first twenty six verses of Hebrews chapter eleven to her Papa. I was challenged once again to memorize another chapter in the Bible. Listening to a child do it has that affect on me! I have been reading it and listening to it aloud on my iPad. Watching that video presentation last night reminded me of the great men and women in that chapter of the Bible.

Ministering to people is challenging in every area. Even though you may enjoy the work God has given you to do, you never feel that it is done or that it is enough. God is the one we are serving. We want to finish the task He has assigned to us in our lifetime. One day we want to hear, "Well done thou good and faithful servant."

No comments: