Friday, June 22, 2012

LIFE ON THE EDGE

I can't believe that I have two grandchildren in their teens! My grandson recently got his driving permit and he and I have already taken a drive together with him behind the wheel! Where did the time go? A few short years ago he was in the "Peter Pan," "Davy Crockett," "Pirate" phases of a little boys life and now he is driving a car, playing sports and discussing life's challenges with me. Every opportunity I get, I encourage him through the difficult days of transitioning into adulthood. Anything that I can offer him to read to help avoid pitfalls, I will share with him.

I just re-read Dr. James Dobsons book: "Life On The Edge" with Grant in mind. I plan to give this book to him because it is a wonderfully written, practical guide for young people entering what Dobson calls "the critical decade" between 16 and 26 years of age. He addresses such things as vocation, colleges, lifelong love, money, power and other things that will impact them for the rest of their lives.

I highly recommend this to anyone going into this decade of their life or to parents and grandparents of these young adults. We must be pro-active in the lives of our young ones to prepare them for the future. I am so thankful to Dr. Dobson for this priceless contribution to future generations.

No comments: