Wednesday, May 2, 2012

WHO IS LIKE THEE?

Once again the Lord has used music to minister to me. I had the song "Oh To Be Like Thee" come to mind several weeks ago so I googled it. Many choices came up but I chose an arrangement sung by the Clearwater Christian College Men's Ensemble on You Tube to listen to.

For weeks now I have been singing and listening to that song, allowing it to permeate my spirit as I worship the Lord early in the morning. My husband, hearing this from the adjoining room, commented about how that song is ministering to me. I can't even explain how much it is being used to do just that.

Why has the Holy Spirit directed me to this song at this particular time? He has been reminding me recently of my growing need of Him. The longer I live the more aware I am of how dependent I am on Him. I have been observing "life situations" from those that surround me, as well as my own, and have become increasingly aware of my need of the "ALL-SUFFICIENT-ONE."

I am so grateful for the presence of God in my life. I don't know how anyone can live without Him. Sometimes Christians forfeit that intimacy He longs to give us, crowding Him out with activity and self-sufficiency.

If you have a few minutes to get alone with the Lord, tune your heart to His and listen to this song. I know you'll be blessed.

"Who is like unto Thee, Oh Lord, among the gods? Who is like Thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?" EXODUS (15:11)

No comments: