Thursday, April 12, 2012

A RENEWED FERVOR

I had a conversation with my pastor/husband last night about a comment someone made to me that caused me to question plans I had made for a series of women's meetings coming up in the future. He very wisely reminded me that anyone in leadership just forges ahead with the plans made not re-thinking everything because of a single comment someone made without thinking.

He then shared with me how difficult it is at times to study, prepare himself and plan events for our ministry, and have no "positive" feedback or excitement from those surrounding him. He has to wonder if he is the only one excited about the work we are called to here. I was really convicted when he said he keeps a note in his Bible to encourage him before he speaks. That note is from a spirit-filled sunday school teacher that shared their excitement about what God is doing in their class and their personal life. That small amount of encouragement has to be spread thin.

I often take it for granted that my pastor/husband needs to be encouraged. It's easy for me to forget because he does love his work and the life God has given him. Everyone gets weary when enthusiasm wanes around them. I can't imagine having the health challenges that he has and never complaining! I have observed in him an amazing strength that is not of this world.

Ask God to renew your fervor for the place where you serve. Be careful that you don't grow weary in well-doing whether you are a bus driver, teacher, nursery worker or hold any other position in the church.

1 comment:

Clodie said...

Ms Denise that is exactly what I needed to hear. I need to be more excited at what the Lord has given me to do. Thank you!